Sunday, January 26, 2014

The map

Hi there!

I spent most of the day working on the (first) map for the game. I had several ideas like snowy cliffs, a volcanic area, something steampunky, but in the end decided that the first map, should  be a basic forest area.

Since I already made a (rudimentary) version of this map before, which got lost due to the corrupted project, I was faster than I expected.

Since my models are all "hand-painted", I went for the same style with the map - everything else would look weird, at best!


Here some screenshots:






Todo-List till tomorrow:
  • Map design 
  • Minimap
  • Fog Of War
  • Navigation Layer
  • StartScripts (Inventory, Start-Buildings)
These scripts should only take an hour or so, so tomorrow will be a relaxing day!

As always, Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment